This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pantene. The opinions and text are all mine.
I went in a few weeks ago to get my hair trimmed. Since my last major haircut where I cut 10 inches off my hair and cried my eyes out (??) I have been trying to grow my hair out to what it was pre-cut. I say “trying” because it’s not easy! My hair gets easily damaged and brittle on the ends, breaking off constantly. So, when I went in for my trim I told my hairdresser and said, “maybe cut 1-2 inches and call it good… just make it look healthy!”. She laughed and cut a very sad 5 inches off of my hair because of damage! FIVE INCHES! I do use hot tools a few times a week but try to stay away from my ends… but, nevertheless… damaged hair happens!
So glad to have found these new Pantene Pro-V Rescue Shots! They give your hair that much needed deep conditioning once a week between appointments leaving my hair silky, even on the ends! I get to the salon about once a year… it seem harder and harder to book that time away these days! So, these little tubes of conditioning goodness are saving my hair!
Hoping for less hair cut off in my future trims! âºï¸ (Unless, you know, I get the itch to cut it all off again. ?)
So, a bit about the Pantene Pro-V Rescue Shots process:
Why use the Pantene Pro-V Intense Rescue Shots?
- The single-dose shot is a deep conditioning product that delivers salon-like hair between professional treatments. If you go to the salon once a month, or once a year, this treatment will do your hair wonders.
- Unlike other hair masks and treatments, Panteneâs Intense Rescue Shots provides deep-conditioning but rinse quickly to avoid weighed-down hair.
- The strengthening lipids in the shot absorbs into the hair (rather than just a heavy coating like some masks and treatments) directly targeting the most damaged areas.
- Noticeably repairs extreme damage â to turn dry, brittle hair into soft, shiny and more resilient hair in one use. This means less breakage and more “keepage” ???
How To Use:
- Pantene has so many great shampoos to start with: I chose Pantene Sheer Volume Shampoo (my hair struggles in this area ?).
- Use the Intense Rescue Shots weekly and in place of your normal conditioner
- While in-shower, apply generously to fully saturate hair, root-to-tip
- Consider where your hair sees the most damage and be sure to target that area
- The product was formulated to prevent overdosing so unlike other hair treatments, no need to hold back! Use the whole tube!
- Leave in for 30 seconds… long enough for your hair to soak in the goodness without weighting it down.
- Rinse for 30 seconds (donât over-rinse!)
Along with the Pantene Pro-V Intense Rescue Shots, what else can you do to prevent damaged hair?
- Avoid hot tools (hair dryer, curling iron, straightener) as much as possible!
- Air dry your hair when possible.Â
- Protect your hair from harmful chemicals (chlorine is a big no-no)
- Avoid over-processing when coloring
- Don’t over wash… going a few days in between washes is actually great for your hair! The natural oils keep your hair smoother… 3 days between washes is idea for me!
- Take time when brushing your hair. I know it is tempting to rip through it and get it done. (I do this, especially when it has become a rat’s nest. But it’s important to start at the bottom and work your way up! Don’t rush things. ?
These Pantene Pro-V Intense Rescue Shots were imported from Brazil and JUST hit shelves this month! Go snag some at Target (see here), test it out, and let me know what you think! Did you notice a difference? Can’t wait to hear!
** Cheers to healthy and happy hair! BIG thanks to Pantene for sponsoring this post!